Avail is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise for projects consisting of hardware and software elements. Activities and responsibilities include concept development, system requirements evaluation, systems analysis, architecture development, system design, product evaluations, system implementation planning, and system operations. Embedded software development experience is a plus. This position is to support the PennDOT project in the near-term, with full SE responsibilities as they apply to PennDOT and other future Avail projects. Travel will be required.
- Support the specification and derivation of project requirements
- Supports program management in a technical role
- Develop and present engineering design and system implementation documents and reviews with customers and consultants
- Work closely with the Program Manager and System Integration and Test personnel
- Manage internal resources to complete the project within schedule constraints
- Leadership of in-field troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Perform risk analysis during the project and create plans to mitigate those risks
- Prepare system test plans and procedures and oversee conducting of test phases
- Responsible for system deployments and adoption of Avail products to customers during the project phase
- Monitor system performance to ensure the proper operation of deployed systems
- Ensure compliance to Avail processes
- Duties may include conducting studies and evaluating alternative architectures
- A motivated, self-reliant individual who works well as a team player
- Solid organizational and time management habits
- Uses a methodical approach to solve challenging technical issues
- Ability to lead and motivate technical team
- Experience with setup of advanced wired and wireless TCP/IP architectures
- Proficient in the configuration of Microsoft Windows workstations and servers with knowledge of SQL database structures
- High-level knowledge and understanding of how to utilize APIs for system integration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering field and 2 to 5 years of related experience
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Travel will be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.