The Avail Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned projects. These tasks include planning for and managing the use of internal resources, negotiating subcontractor agreements, controlling customer expectations, understanding the project from end-to-end, ensuring that the Avail process-oriented approach to running projects internally is being followed, and completing the project within cost and schedule while ensuring that all customer expectations have been met, or managed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete this short assessment:
- To familiarize themselves with; the project concept, scope of work to be performed, Avail’s offering to the customer, via review of the RFP, proposal, contract, and any other related documents necessary to support planning efforts
- Define resources internally and externally that will be required to fulfill project needs
- Work with internal organizations in securing required resources and negotiate subcontract agreements with outside vendors for supplying resources as required
- To work hand-in-hand with the customer and internal project team to negotiate a set of detailed project requirements that will be used as the basis for all other efforts
- Stay engaged with the project overseeing all internal efforts to ensure that all technical issues, schedule issues, and costs are being addressed in a manner that is acceptable to the customer
- Hold weekly or bi-weekly conference calls and other required meetings to keep the customer and project team all in sync with what’s happening, and resolving questions and/or concerns to maintain team buy-in and support throughout the life of the contract
- Self-reliant individual with the desire to work as a team player who has strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and the desire to solve challenging issues
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time with occasional extended trips of a week or more working directly with the customer in a sometimes-challenging environment, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude as the on-site representative of Avail Technologies
- Ability to lead technical discussions concerning all elements of an Avail system. Proficiency in all technology areas is preferred and candidates must be able to understand the potential technical issues in the various areas and provide meaningful input
- Ability to plan projects following company-approved processes and then keep that project on track resolving issues before they have any negative impact
- Willing to make the tough decisions when necessary and to defend those decisions when required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of related work experience with at least 3 years as a Program Manager
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.