The Avail Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned projects. These tasks include planning for and managing the use of internal resources, negotiating subcontractor agreements, managing customer expectations, administering the project from end-to-end, ensuring that the Avail process-oriented approach to running projects internally is being followed, and completing the project within cost and schedule while ensuring that all customer expectations have been exceeded.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment:
- Responsible for overall project success including project planning and adherence to plan, P&L, resource planning, communications (internal and external), customer satisfaction, and working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure requirements are understood, planned, and challenges overcome
- Work in partnership with the customer and internal teams to define a detailed project plan
- Define and plan internal and external resources required to fulfill project needs, and work with internal teams to secure required resources
- Negotiate subcontract agreements with outside vendors for supplying resources and/or materials as required
- Prepare reports for senior management regarding status of deadlines, milestones, and customer disposition
- Ensure that all technical issues, schedule issues, and costs are being addressed in a manner that is acceptable to the customer
- Coordinate reoccurring meetings to keep the customer and internal teams in sync with project status as well as challenges that might delay deliverables or milestones
- Ensure all aspects of project plans and milestones are kept updated and accurate
- Ability to lead technical discussions concerning all elements of an Avail system. Proficiency with transit technology preferred and candidates must be able to understand the potential technical issues in the various areas and provide meaningful input
- Self-reliant individual with the ability to work as a team player
- Strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and the desire to solve challenging issues
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time with occasional extended trips of a week or more working directly with the customer
- Ability to plan projects following company-approved processes and then keep that project on track resolving issues before they have any negative impact
- Willing to make the tough decisions when necessary and to defend those decisions when required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of related work experience with at least 5 years as a Program Manager
- PMP preferred
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required up to 25%.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer