The Accountant is responsible for providing support/maintenance to the accounting system and related functions, including AP, AR, Payroll, Inventory, and General Ledger. Daily activities will include all aspects of AP, administering bi-monthly & monthly system integrations, expense reports and payroll-related processing, account reconciliations, and general analysis. The position will interact routinely with departments outside of finance in support of their functions as well. Within the Finance department, the position will be interacting with and supporting other team members.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Administer all daily functions related to Accounts Payable: Administer all daily functions related to Accounts Payable. This includes the processing of all invoices (and related activity) in the financial system; maintaining hard copy records of all AP related transactions; conducting routine vendor reconciliations and follow-ups as required; etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information as needed.
- Support the annual financial audit and annual budget process.
- Maintain balance sheet accounts including fixed assets, prepaids, and liabilities – provide monthly reconciliations.
- Support AR, Inventory Mgmt., and Payroll processing (will be x-trained) as needed.
- Other duties within the financial reporting function as assigned.
- Strong understanding and application of General Accounting Principles required using automated record-keeping tools.
- Self-reliant individual with the desire to work as a team player who has strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and the desire to solve challenging issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and quantitative competencies, with much emphasis on data management.
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and a strong aptitude to learn other software applications.
- Continually looking for ways to improve processes.
- Creative thinker for various solutions to a financial challenge or new process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and periodically work overtime to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is with one year of experience Preferred.
- Associate degree with at least five years of experience and with the appropriate skill set will also be considered.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Travel may be required.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer