Transit Support Specialist
Avail Technologies is seeking a unique individual that not only has the technical skills to resolve transit-related daily operational issues but more importantly the ability to communicate to our customers as well as lead a group of people to meet a high level of customer satisfaction.
The candidate will be responsible for handling the resolution of support issues including first-level contact assessment, problem identification and resolution, and communications with the customer. These include prioritizing, documenting, resolution, and follow-up on customer support requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic equipment and/or computer-aided support tools, as well as collaboration with other team members and departments and/or research initiatives. Effective communication skills include understanding the customer’s perspective and the impact of the situation, consistent dialogue throughout the process of resolving the issue, and then follow-up to ensure the customer understands resolution, their expectations are met, and they are satisfied with the outcome.
The candidate is responsible to provide follow-on training after project closure. This is a strategic differentiation of this position within Avail as compared to our competition. The benefit is two-fold as it will facilitate a deeper understanding of the candidate of the system operation and use, but it also allows the candidate to build a closer relationship with the customer and gain a level of trust and understanding of their operations, all of which will lead to greater customer satisfaction and a reduced support burden long term.
Qualified individuals are self-motivated and must gain an understanding of our products and customers with minimal guidance. They must be able to independently research system requirements and operations and they must be able to communicate effectively with other groups as needed to fulfill responsibilities. Good communication skills are needed.
Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
Qualified candidates will be required to deliver creative (re)solutions and provide detailed feedback to other departments and management within the company.
- A high-level role for resolving, relaying, communicating and owning the responsibility for an Avail quadrant
- Coordinate training and development of Avail quadrant team
- Take incoming support request via phone, email or ticketing system
- Evaluate, Troubleshoot, escalate and respond to product support requests
- Communicate software problems and issues to Product Integration, Development, Training, and Services
- Report Customer satisfaction issues to management and recommends corrective action
- Keep customer informed of issues that impact service or may result in dissatisfaction
- Clearly, document the processes and solutions to customer support issues
- Monitor Open Support cases and resolve as appropriate
- Deliver creative solutions for support issues
- Ability to communicate highly effectively with co-workers, vendors, and other technical groups to enhance products and resolve customer issues
- Technical troubleshooting skills as they relate to installed hardware, computer, and software
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and Windows operating systems, including Windows 2000/XP/7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2005/2008
- Working knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN’s) including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s), and wireless infrastructure such as 802.11 “x”
- Working knowledge of SQL Basics
- Ability to use common computer applications (i.e. Word and Excel)
- Be proactive and use independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, and phone
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and mentor team members
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Associate’s degree plus 2 years of technical support related work experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
TRAVEL: Travel up to 25% may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.