Transit Planning Analyst
The Transit Planning Analyst utilizes the Avail suite of Public Transit fixed route scheduling, mapping, and data analysis and reporting products to provide services to our customers to become a valuable extension of their staff. The Transit Planning Analyst will work collaboratively with Avails customers to assist them with their day-to-day needs and assist with new customer implementations including system and database configuration/set-up, schedule data publishes and validation of data both onsite with customers and within Avail. In this role you will be expected to work across the organization with Avail’s support staff, engineers, trainers, and other systems experts to troubleshoot issues and to provide valuable feedback to help make our products and services easier to use and understand.
Candidates for this position should be self-motivated and must gain an understanding of our products and customers with minimal guidance. They must be able to independently research requirements and operations and communicate effectively with other groups as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment by accessing the link below:
and email your cover letter and resume to HR@availtec.com
- Use BI (Business Intelligence) and hardware simulator tools to validate accuracy of customer schedule data
- Work independently at customer sites to perform similar services in a live operation, including the collection of data by riding in-service vehicles while maintaining confidentiality of customer’s sensitive information
- Provide second tier schedule data troubleshooting assistance for customer support
- Testing of schedule data imports for system upgrades and schedule import conversions. Work with customers and schedule data providers to correct any data issues preventing successful data imports
- Identify operational trends and work with customers and vendors to implement changes to improve service delivery
- Create and update route traces using GIS tools
- Create and update GPS trigger boxes for proper operation of system functions
- Work with customers to identify system announcement and provide to vendors for recording. Implement these announcements into the data to be triggered by GPS coordinates
- Lead internally and provide Support customers to complete planned schedule data publishes at various times throughout the year
- Travel to customer sites to validate agency schedule data for accuracy and precision. Make updates to schedule data to improve system operation and accuracy of data
- Ability to work well under pressure and drive to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to build positive relationships and communicate effectively with all co-workers, outside customers and vendors
- Gain an understanding of our products and their application in our target market of public transit
- Strong ability to understand and explain highly technical information to non-technical clients
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; be able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner
- Highly organized, excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision to complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Associates degree in a technical field with 2+ years in a customer service role
- Proficiency in excel and SQL is required. Experience with GIS mapping tools such as ArcGIS, MapInfo, Google Earth, or BING is required
- Experience in public transit or with fixed route scheduling or transit planning is a plus but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40lbs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel up to 15% will be required for this position
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.