Transit/ERP Technical Support Specialist I
Avail Technologies Inc. is seeking a unique individual that not only has the technical skills to resolve transit-related daily operational issues but more importantly the ability to communicate to our customers as well as lead a group of people to meet a high level of customer satisfaction.
The candidate will be responsible for handling the resolution of support issues including first-level contact assessment, problem identification and resolution, and communications for the ERP software with the customer. These include prioritizing, documenting, resolution, and follow up on customer support requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic equipment and/or computer-aided support tools, as well as collaboration with other team members and department and/or research initiatives. Effective communication skills include understanding the customers perspective and the impact of the situation, consistent dialogue throughout the process of resolving the issue, and then follow-up to ensure the customer understands resolution, their expectations are met, and they are satisfied with the outcome.
The position also requires candidates to build a closer relationship with the customers and build greater customer satisfaction. Avail maintains its competitive edge by providing follow-on training after project closure.
Candidates must be self-motivated and must gain an understanding of our products and customers with minimal guidance. This includes the ability to independently research system requirements and operation and be able to communicate effectively with other groups as needed to fulfill responsibilities. Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills.
Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and be able to multitask as they will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
Qualified candidates will be required to deliver creative (re)solutions and provide detailed feedback to other departments and management within the company.
- High-Level Role for resolving, relaying, communicating and owning the responsibility for the ERP software.
- Contribute to the training and development of Avail ERP customers.
- Take incoming support request via phone, email or ticketing system
- Evaluate, Troubleshoot, escalate and respond to product support requests
- Communicate software problems and issues to Product Integration, Development, Training and Services
- Report customer satisfaction issues to management and recommend corrective action.
- Keep customer informed of issues that impact service or may result in dissatisfaction.
- Clearly document the processes and solutions to customer support issues.
- Monitor Open Support cases and resolve as appropriate
- Deliver creative solutions for support issues
- Ability to communicate highly effectively with co-workers, vendors, and other technical groups to enhance products and resolve customer issues.
- Technical troubleshooting skills as they relate to installed hardware, computer, and software
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and Windows operating systems, including Windows 2000/XP/7 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2005/2008.
- Working knowledge Local Area Networks (LAN’s) including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s), and wireless infrastructure such as 802.11 “X”.
- Working knowledge of SQL Basics
- Ability to use common computer applications (i.e. Word and Excel)
- Be proactive and use independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
- Strong communications skills; oral, written, and phone
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and mentor team members
- Ability to learn quickly & work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree IT preferred – Experience and a technical software background will be considered.
- Associate Degree plus 2 years technical support related work experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel up to 25% may be required.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.