Responsible for researching, gathering, writing, and disseminating technical information, as well as the preparation and maintenance of user guides, instruction manuals, reports, visual aids, articles, and related documentation to communicate complex and technical information to all stakeholders. This role is responsible for the integrity of document version control, storage, cataloging, and ease of document retrieval for all stakeholders. This role involves the creation of new end-to-end documentation as well as updates to existing documentation in a cross-departmental environment. The ability to communicate effectively and consistently with all stakeholders is crucial in this role. Candidates should be able to effectively deal with ambiguities as and when they arise.
If you would like to apply for the Technical Writer position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Plan, organize, write, and maintain product documentation
- Research, develop, and document technical information for end-user deliverables
- Produce, maintain, and catalog electronic versions of documentation
- Collaborate with the Director group and internal IT to formalize procedures for documentation management and maintenance
- Maintain a comprehensive documentation library and master document control list
- Ensure documents are standardized and consistent with the Avail Brand Book
- Able to write explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Interview business subject matter experts to understand work functions and processes and gather information
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Proficient in MS Office product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or English and 2 – 4 years of demonstrated experience in a technical writing capacity preferred.
- Associate Degree in communications, journalism, or English and 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a technical writing capacity will be considered
- Experience working in a technical field or software industry preferred, but not required
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: While travel is not common with this position, the individual may be asked to travel up to 15% of the time as the needs of the business dictate.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer