Systems Integration & Test Engineer I
Avail Technologies is seeking a talented Systems Integration & Test (SIT) Engineer to support the Product Integration and Test team with OEM integration of hardware, software, and wireless communication technologies. The SIT Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, investigation, and testing of old and new technologies, technology platforms, and the design and development of middleware for the advancement of Avail’s product offering and internal testing capabilities.
The SIT Engineer will write Test Plans and Procedures as well as execute tests and provide reporting. The SIT Engineer will support the support team to identify and gather engineering information and provide basic troubleshooting of issues identified in the field. They will learn a wide range of hardware configurations and be provided the knowledge to troubleshoot these systems.
Qualified individuals are self-motivated and must gain an understanding of the systems under test with some guidance. They must be able to research system requirements and operations. They must be able to communicate effectively with software and system engineering team members to assimilate an understanding of the Avail system. Good communication skills are needed as well to explain, and document defects revealed in testing.
Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
If interested in applying for this position, please upload your cover letter and resume, and then complete the traits test by clicking the link:
- Build up systems in Avail’s lab including the staging of equipment, building of hardware/software interfaces, and configuration of computers and 3rd party devices for interoperability
- Perform testing and record data as directed by the technical lead including troubleshooting of failures as needed
- Support the deployment, integration, and testing of systems to customer sites
- Ability to travel and to work directly with the customer in a sometimes-challenging environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude as an on-site representative of Avail Technologies
- Attend engineering validation sell-offs to recreate tests (both manual and automated)
- Write and maintain test procedures and status reports
- Follow and understand Avail system processes to ensure quality products
- Basic experience with the configuration of servers, workstations, and networks
- Have an understanding of relational database structures with a desire to become proficient in writing SQL queries
- Knowledge and understanding of embedded computer environments are desired
- Demonstrated understanding of the configuration and setup of wired and/or wireless TCP/IP networks
- Knowledge of the following are beneficial:
- Wireless radio communications for voice and/or data
- Lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, and power supplies
- C, C++, C#, NET, LabView, PowerShell, Perl or other scripting languages/environments
- VMs, VLANs, Custom Software Installs, etc.
- Enterprise cellular communications (activations and tunnels)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, IT or Information Systems
- Associate Degree plus 3+ years’ work experience in an engineering test, software test, or design environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel will be required.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.