Systems Integration and Test Engineer (Software Testing)
Avail Technologies is seeking a talented Systems Integration & Test (SIT) Engineer Software Testing) to perform quality software testing for the Product Integration and Test Team. This role will focus on working closely with the software development team to properly identify test cases with an understanding of the requirements, tracking defects, and executing test procedures. The test engineer will be responsible for delivering a high-quality software product to be deployed to other Avail customers and will provide test expertise for the investigation of old and new software technologies, technology platforms, and development of internal testing into future software development.
The SIT Engineer (Software Testing) will write Test Plans and Procedures and execute them. They will also be responsible for providing a clear explanation of test status identifying progress and discovered defects revealed during testing. The SIT Engineer (Software Testing) will provide deployed software expertise to the support team to identify and gather information and provide basic troubleshooting of issues identified in the field. They will learn a wide range of system configurations and be provided the knowledge to troubleshoot them.
Qualified individuals are self-motivated and must gain an understanding of the systems under test with minimal guidance. They must be able to independently research system requirements and operation and they must be able to communicate effectively with software and system engineering team members to assimilate an understanding of the systems. Good communication skills are needed as well to explain, and document defects revealed in testing.
Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
- Build up systems in Avail’s lab including the staging of equipment, building of hardware/software interfaces, and configuration of computers and 3rd party devices for interoperability
- Perform testing as directed by the technical lead including troubleshooting of failures as needed
- Analyze software developments use cases/requirements for test validity and feasibility
- Collaborate with other team members and departments
- Execute all levels of Testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed or adding automation to current testing processes
- Detect and Track Software defects and inconsistencies
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile Product Lifecycle
- Attend engineering validation sell-offs to identify what testing has been performed and how to enhance the quality of testing
- Write and maintain test procedures and status reports
- Follow and understand the Avail system processes to ensure quality products and provide timely solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Understanding of relational database structures with a desire to become proficient in writing SQL queries
- Sense of ownership for quality work and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Complex problem-solving skills and ability to perform critical thinking tasks
- Time management skills to ensure the ability to meet release deadlines
- Great interpersonal and communication skills throughout the team and other groups at Avail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or Information Systems
- 3+ years’ of work experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- 3+ years’ of work experience in data analysis
- Knowledgeable of the following is beneficial:
- Wireless and cellular communications
- C, C++, C#, .NET, LabView, PowerShell, Perl or other scripting languages/environments
- VMs, VPNS, Remote Desktop
- Automated Software Test Suites (i.e. Selenium, Katalon)
- Azure Devops
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Travel will be required