Software Engineer I
Avail Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent transportation systems, is seeking highly motivated, self-reliant individuals to work as a team player providing creative solutions to challenging technical issues. The successful candidate will participate in the full software lifecycle to design and develop software applications that meet our customers’ requirements and desired functionality. This includes code development, database implementation, documentation, unit testing, and integration with hardware and other software components. Maintain source code control using established configuration management tools and procedures. Assist with deploying, debugging, and maintaining software programs at customer facilities. Travel may be required of the incumbent of this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete this short assessment:
- Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
- Understand development requirements and ensure they are met
- Design and develop software using Avail’s standards and conventions
- Incorporate verifiable, repeatable unit testing in all developed code
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of software bugs
- Support the deployment, integration, and testing of software
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages – C#, Java, C++ C,
- An understanding of OO design principles, development best-practices, and software lifecycles
- Good troubleshooting skill utilizing an organized and methodical approach
- Knowledge or experience with mobile development, IOT devices, or embedded systems is a plus
- Knowledge of JSON, XML and XSLT is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s .NET and Visual Studio
- Knowledge or experience with public transit and intelligent transportation systems is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with .NET Core is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Occasional travel may be required.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.