Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for managing all technical aspects of their assigned projects to ensure that the delivered product solution meets the contractual requirements and stated operational goals and objectives of the client. Tasks relevant to this include conformance of requirements specifications starting at the proposal stage, creation and delivery of as-built design documentation, execution of formal testing milestones, managing client and consultant expectations, understanding the application of technology to all aspects of transit operations, and providing feedback to ensure Avail product solutions stay aligned with client and market needs.
- Provide technical leadership on multiple complex projects simultaneously working with customers, consultants, and internal teams to meet customer and corporate goals.
- Provide technical leadership in weekly or bi-weekly conference calls and other required meetings to keep the customer and project team all in sync with what’s happening, and resolving questions and/or concerns to maintain team buy-in and support throughout the life of the contract.
- Specification and derivation of project requirements and preparation of system implementation plans, design documentation, and formal test plans and procedures.
- Conduct project requirements and design reviews, as well as testing phases with customers, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Coordinate all technical activities on a project including the configuration and deployment of systems to customers, creating and performing acceptance tests and post-deployment monitoring to ensure proper operation of deployed systems.
- Proven ability to investigate or lead a team in the investigation of system issues. Including the ability to monitor and test application performance, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Provide input to SE and PM processes to support improvements in efficiency as well as ensuring compliance to those processes.
- Participate in the design of hardware and Software Systems by providing requirements, use cases and operational feedback to engineering.
- Create new processes, procedures, and standard documents that significantly improve efficiency of Systems Group and their interaction with other Avail workgroups.
- Support the Business Development Team with sales demos and proposal documentation
- An outgoing dynamic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Ability to communicate to a diverse group of people with different backgrounds. Must be able to communicate to vendors, consultants, and customers outside the organization.
- Self-reliant individual with the desire to work as a team player who has strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and the desire to solve challenging issues.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with occasional extended trips of a week or more working directly with the customer in a sometimes-challenging environment, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude as the on-site representative of Avail Technologies.
- Ability to lead technical discussions concerning all elements of an Avail system. Proficiency with all technology areas not required but must be able to understand the potential issues in the various areas and provide meaningful input.
- Strong understanding of Transit and ability to work closely with customer in utilizing Avail’s products to achieve customer goals
- Excellent soft skills such as teamwork and collaboration, adaptability, and critical observation
- Be proactive and use independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
- Strong business communication skills; oral, written, and phone
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to perform analytical troubleshooting
- Experience with data aggregation, validation, analysis and presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Arts in related field of study
- Preferred 8+ years of experience in Public Transportation or software/technical field
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Travel will be required. Ability to travel up to 50% of the time with occasional extended trips of a week or more working directly with the customer.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer