Quality Assurance/Test Engineer
Avail Technologies is seeking a talented Quality Assurance/Test Engineer to develop testing methodologies and ensure quality processes are followed throughout the software development life cycle. This role will focus on working closely with the product development team to properly ensure test coverage throughout all phases by understanding the requirements, tracking defects, and validating test procedures. This role will be responsible for delivering a high-quality product to be deployed across all Avail customers and will provide expertise for the investigation of software technologies, technology platforms, and development of internal testing for future software development.
In this role, candidates will be expected to ensure the implementation of Quality Test Plans and execution of procedures, responsible for providing clear explanation of identifying progress and discovered defects revealed during development and provide expertise to the product development team to identify test plans and fully understand the end-user scenarios. In this position, they will learn a wide range of system configurations and be provided the knowledge to troubleshoot them.
Qualified individuals must be self-motivated and gain an understanding of the products under test with some guidance. They must be able to research system requirements and operations and must be able to communicate effectively with the product development team members to assimilate an understanding of the Avail system. Good communication skills are needed as well to explain, and document testing methodologies and plans.
Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
If you would like to apply for the Quality Assurance/Test Engineer position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Perform testing and record data as directed by the technical lead including troubleshooting of failures as needed.
- Analyzing product developments use cases/requirements for test validity and feasibility.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Execute all levels of Testing
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed or adding automation to current processes.
- Detect and Track Software defects and inconsistencies.
- Apply a quality engineering principle throughout the Agile Product Lifecycle.
- Write and maintain quality test plans and procedures.
- Follow and understand Avail system processes to ensure quality products and provide timely solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment with minimal supervision
- Understanding of SQL/relational database structures
- Sense of ownership for quality work and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Complex problem-solving skills and ability to perform critical thinking tasks
- Time management skills to ensure the ability to meet release deadlines
- Great interpersonal and communication skills throughout the team and other groups at Avail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Azure DevOps, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development methods
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or Information Systems
- 3+ years of work experience as a Quality Assurance/Test Engineer or similar Role.
- 3+ years of work experience in data analysis.
- Knowledgeable of the following is desirable:
- SQL/Relational Databases
- TestComplete, Protractor, xUnit or comparable testing framework
- API Testing methodologies
- VMs, VPNS, Remote Desktop
- Pipeline and Automated testing using Azure DevOps, Docker, etc…
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Travel will be required less than 20%.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer