The Avail Proposal Writer is responsible to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of the proposal development and delivery process. This individual will work with the business development team who work collaboratively with developers, product managers, project managers, and third-party product and service providers, to develop accurate, high quality, and easily understood proposals to secure new business.
The Proposal Writer will develop proposal content for Avail’s new business opportunities, working directly with the Proposal Strategist, performing market research, and in collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners. The proposal content will include technical descriptions and graphical presentation (diagrams, charts, images) of the proposed technical solution, as well as project management approach, project team descriptions, customer references and case study descriptions, and organization credentials.
This position will receive primary direction from, and report directly to the Proposal Manager.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete this short assessment:
- Produces high-quality proposal documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Assists in the preparation of proposals by gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals
- Customizes, proofreads, edits, incorporates feedback, formats and ensures accuracy of the final proposal document
- Handles multiple revisions, edits and re-edits proposal sections as needed, and ensures that proposals maintain a consistent tone or voice
- Meets proposal deadline per established priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinate requirements with contributors; contribute proposal status information to review meetings
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinate submissions and collections
- Develops proposal by assembling information using available materials as well as collaborating on new content development; write, revise, and edit drafts including project management approach, technical system description, and organization credentials
- Maintains quality results by using templates; follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Maintains and updates proposal boilerplate sections, current corporate information, location profiles, resumes, bios, customer references and templates in proposal content library as needed
- Works as part of a team to offer suggestions for improvements or ways to streamline the process
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and with sales, marketing, and proposal manager
- Achieves organization goals by accepting ownership for completing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong ability to write detailed, factual information both persuasively and articulately
- Proficiency and experience in Technical writing
- Excellent written skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with desktop publishing and document management tools and software
- Excellent presentation skills
- Problem Solving and Process Improvement skills
- Graphic Design and Layout skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Two (2) or more years of related experience and/or training
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Some travel may be required.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer