The Avail Project Planner is responsible for assisting project teams and supporting personnel in maintaining, developing, and analyzing project related data such as Microsoft Project schedules. Tasks include assisting the project manager in the development of fully resourced and costed PM forms and schedules (Project Online), tracking and assisting in planning for and managing the use of internal resources, creating, and running standard performance reports identifying variances on project schedules or forms, analysis of project critical paths and conflicts across projects. Compliance with the Avail process-oriented approach to running projects internally as it relates to reporting responsibilities and providing required and necessary project costs and schedule details to allow Programs Group to effectively manage projects.
- Provide all necessary support to schedule owners (PM’s and Managers) who must define resources internally and externally that will be required to fulfill project needs
- Assist schedule owners to maintain schedules and keep project resources in track
- Provide regular project updates to project manager’s, managers and supporting staff
- Intercede to settle conflicts between co-workers, make scheduling adjustments, and confer with managers to change budget and resource allocations. Analyze and report manpower needs and identify and question resource conflicts timely so as to keep all projects on schedule
- Analyze all PM Forms to ensure costs and labor are accurately planning and reflective of the overall project plan
- Ensure that all project-tracking software users understand the expectations required of each level of the user and that the system is properly maintained and controlled
- Establish a training curriculum with the HR Administrator and provide follow-on project-tracking software user training to new hires as well as to current employees as needed. Be the subject matter expert in the use of Project Online and a resource to those users
- Develop, analyze, and maintain reports in excel, project professional and project on-line as necessary to analyze performance and track adherence to plans
- Maintain an overall capacity plan throughout the organization to ensure all resources are utilized at the appropriate capacity
- Provide direct assistance to project managers and schedule owners in the development of projeect schedules
- The variable nature of the position requires the individual be a master of time management and flexibility, especially when projects encounter conflicts
- Ability to plan a project from start to finish while identifying risks before they can have a negative impact to the project
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects at various phases
- Critical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
- The ability to gain the trust and respect of all involved in the project planning process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Project & Supply Chain Management/Engineering/Computer Science or another related field, plus 6 yrs as a project manager or planner
- Project Management Professional and or SCRUM certification is a plus but not required
- Experience in use of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project On-line required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.