Project Integration Engineering Lead
The Project Integration Engineering Lead will oversee and mentor teams that configure, test, and deploy new systems and system upgrades to the field. The teams will be focused on either the In-Vehicle or Backend Systems. The Project Integration Engineering Lead will ensure the team has both a thorough understanding of the task and is using well-defined procedures and check-off sheets to ensure high-quality products. The Project Integration Engineering Lead will oversee the task of ensuring all deployment checklists are updated with all deployment lessons learned. The Project Integration Engineering Lead will act as the Project Integration Group technical lead during deployments and therefore must have a thorough technical understanding of the product from a deployment perspective. The Project Integration Engineering Lead will help coordinate the transfer of releases from the Project Integration and Testing Team to the deployment teams including the verification of release page content, participating in the sell-off process, and ensuring the releases are properly controlled. In this role, the selected candidate will also be required to assist during project implementations which will require on-site work.
Qualified individuals should be self-motivated and be process-driven. In addition, qualified individuals must have excellent leadership skills. Candidates will need to possess outstanding written and oral communication skills as extensive coordination with customers and other groups within Avail is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment:
- Ensure all existing processes for deploying new products into the field are being followed by the team
- Ensure all deployment issues are resolved and the appropriate processes are updated so issues are not repeated in the field
- Support and participate in the deployment, Integration, and testing of systems to customer sites
- Oversee and/or participated in the build-up of systems in lab including the staging of equipment, building of hardware/software interfaces, and configuration of computers and third-party devices for interoperability
- Oversee and/or performing testing including troubleshooting of failures as needed
- Ensure test procedures and status reports are being used appropriately
- Ability to travel and work at a customer’s facility and provide direction to team members to ensure successful deployments
- Execute engineering validation tests (both manual and automated)
- Lead and mentor the Project Integration Engineering Team
- Meet with the Professional Services Manager to receive weekly tasking, company initiatives and priorities, and provide updates on current tasks.
- Lead daily stand-up meetings with the Project Integration Engineering Team – escalate any team issues to the Professional Services Manager
- Assist and work with the tasking of ERP project deployment and implementations working with the Professional Services Manager to ensure the quality of deployed work and services
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of configuration of Microsoft Windows and Workstations
- Basic understanding of wired and wireless TCP/IP networks
- Understanding of relational databases structures with a desire to become proficient in writing SQL queries
- Understanding of higher-level programming languages to review source code or write test programs
- Some knowledge and understanding of embedded computer environments is desired
- Knowledge of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, and power supplies
- Knowledge of LabView, LabWindows, PowerShell, Perl or other scripting language/environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of VMs, VLANs, Custom Software installs, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications as required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field OR
- Associate degree plus four plus years work experience in an engineering test, software test, or design environment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Selected candidates will be required to spend 25-50% of their time on travel depending on business needs
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer