Program Manager II
The Avail Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned projects. These tasks include planning for and managing the use of internal resources, negotiating subcontractor agreements, controlling customer expectations, understanding the project from end-to-end, ensuring that the Avail process-oriented approach to running projects internally is being followed, and completing the project within cost and schedule while ensuring that all customer expectations have been met, or managed.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment by accessing the link below:
- Leads multiple complex projects simultaneously working with customers, consultants, and internal teams to meet customer and corporate goals.
- Develops strategies for Program Management and Avail Business initiatives while providing support to project managers and other departments to develop process and capture new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain and be accountable for project schedules and financial plans.
- Leads major initiatives within Avail and provides significant support in the development of new business initiatives
- To work hand-in-hand with the customer and internal project team to negotiate a set of detailed project requirements that will be used as the basis for all other efforts
- Stay engaged with the project overseeing all internal efforts to ensure that all technical issues, schedule issues, and costs are being addressed in a manner that is acceptable to the customer.
- Hold weekly or bi-weekly conference calls and other required meetings to keep the customer and project team all in sync with what’s happening, and resolving questions and/or concerns to maintain team buy-in and support throughout the life of the contract
- Develops strategic relationships with subcontractors and other vendors or suppliers required to meet company business needs
- An outgoing dynamic personality with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Individual will need to be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate to a diverse group of people with different backgrounds. Must be able to communicate to vendors and customers outside the organization.
- Self-reliant individual with the desire to work as a team player who has strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and the desire to solve challenging issues.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time with occasional extended trips of a week or more working directly with the customer in a sometimes-challenging environment, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude as the on-site representative of Avail Technologies.
- Ability to lead technical discussions concerning all elements of an Avail system. Proficiency with all technology areas not required but must be able to understand the potential issues in the various areas and provide meaningful input.
- Ability to plan projects of up to 24 months following company-approved processes and then keep that project on track resolving issues before they have any negative impact.
- Willing to make the tough decisions when necessary and to defend those decisions when required.
- Strong understanding of Transit and ability to work closely with customer in utilizing avail’s products to achieve customer goals
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of related work experience with at least 5 yrs as a Program Manager
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 25% will be required.