The Production Planner is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process and ensures workflows and demand for materials are on time and at a high-quality standard. The position identifies and plans for material and resource needs, material availability to assembly and kit parts, ensures processes are in place and adhered to, and works with the Operations Manager on the day-to-day oversite of the production team. The role works closely with project managers, purchasing, material handlers, and shipping to develop long-term production schedules and ultimately ensure customer demand for finished materials are delivered on time.
The Production Planner is a key position within Avail’s organization. The role requires a high level of organizational skills, planning, and forward-thinking. The role possesses the ability to focus on the materials and goods required in the production phase while ensuring the working space is properly maintained to achieve optimal performance. The Production Planner works through bottlenecks which can lead to delays in meeting deliveries.
If you would like to apply for the Production Planner position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Coordinates production workflow by planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determines human capital, equipment, and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Schedules and communicates daily production needs based on labor, materials, and equipment availability
- Communicates with cross-functional teams to prioritize and allocate resources
- Work within the Material Requirements Plan (MRP) business system
- Estimates hours required to complete each project request
- Communicating lead-times and expected completion dates to project team
- Monitoring inventory levels of materials required for assembly orders and part shipments
- Reviews and advises purchasing on potential impact to the schedule due to shortage of materials
- Works with shipping to ensure timely delivery of kits and finished parts
- Actively participates in company initiatives such as process improvements and cost savings
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Sharp analytical skills and exceptional organization and time-management abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly shift among competing priorities
- Must have problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Experience collaborating with peers to resolve processing issues timely
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience or 5+ years’ experience in a production environment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Travel is less than 10%. The position is based out of State College, PA
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer