The Avail Pricing Analyst is responsible for producing high-quality, accurate, and consistent pricing quotes for new business opportunities. This individual will work within the Finance team, and in collaboration with developers, product managers, project managers, and third-party product and service providers, to develop accurate, high-quality, and easily understood price proposals in alignment with customer requirements and strategic business objectives.
The Pricing Analyst will develop winning pricing strategies for Avail’s new business opportunities, through financial analysis, and market research (when available). Will coordinate with internal stakeholders and vendor partners to present concise information to stakeholders in order to make informed decisions about competitiveness and profitability of each opportunity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the following assessment:
- Update and maintain price lists in quoting tool (Microsoft Dynamics) in an efficient, timely, and well-organized manner to support quote preparation processes and assist in development or enhancement of pricing tools
- Prepare pricing quotes for use in new proposals, in collaboration with stakeholders in an accurate, timely, compliant, customer-focused, and company value-added manner to acquire new business in order to achieve strategic and business objectives, including profitability goals
- Create analytical reports that display profitability by cost component, opportunity type, customer, etc. to drive improvements in pricing and or cost
- Review new opportunities and develop price strategy and profitability analysis; provide price recommendations to management
- Establish working relationship with internal departments to understand business level profitability
- Establish working relationships with key vendor partners, to gather critical information for pricing, and obtain quotations to support project cost estimates
- Drive enhancements to the quoting effort by streamlining the quote development process and identifying areas for improvement
- Obtain approvals by reviewing pricing with key stakeholders including the appropriate Director, Proposal Manager, Business Development Director, and CFO or Manager BI and Analytics.
- Provide training to Sales and Proposals teams, and other groups as needed, on best practices with respect to the use of pricing tools (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience in project estimating and cost analysis
- Strong analytics and quantitative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization and with vendor/partners
- Preferred skills:
- Familiarity with RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Estimating, Pricing, and Proposal Quoting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP Pricing tools
- Technical sales experience
- General knowledge of project management
- BS/BA in Business Administration or Management, Finance, Accounting, or related field, or equivalent work experience
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer