OEM Product Engineer
The OEM Product Engineer plays an important role in Avail’s bus manufacturer (OEM) business unit and is active in the quote, build, and delivery phases for new vehicle deployments at customer sites. The position provides technical expertise specifically for OEM projects and is responsible for evaluating system requirements, performing systems analysis and design, creating bill of materials for quoting and deployment, evaluating test procedures, and technical issue resolution.
The OEM PE is dedicated to OEM operations and works closely with bus manufacturer engineers, Avail customers, and internal cross-functional teams with a goal of meeting cost and schedule targets. The OEM PE provides technical leadership to the OEM team and works with supporting groups including account management and FAST for optimal customer solutions.
If you would like to apply for the OEM Product Engineer position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Creates bill of materials (BOM) for quoting including new/upgraded technical solutions and works for timely and accurate release of final BOM and design package
- Works with bus manufacturers and customer to determine requirements and optimal Avail solutions
- Work closely with the OEM Project Manager to meet customer requirements and schedule targets
- Support and lead OEM operations in a technical role
- Develop and present engineering design and system implementation documents and reviews with bus builders
- Prepares system test plans and procedures and assists with oversite of test phases at OEM and customer sites, as applicable
- Leads OEM troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts
- Responsible for system deployments and adoption of Avail products to customers during project phase
- Ensure compliance to Avail processes
- Documents and provides guidance to the bus manufacturers on installation of new hardware and software
- Regular contact with OEMs and field organization to coordinate quality and reliability related issues
- Motivated, self-reliant individual who works well as a team player
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Uses methodical approach to solve challenging technical issues
- Ability to lead and motivate technical team
- Knowledge of CAN and J1939 networks
- High-level knowledge and understanding of technical system integration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering field and 2 years of related experience or
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an engineering role
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Some travel is required to bus builder facilities and customer sites. Estimated travel is less than 15%
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer