OEM and Operations Manager
The Avail OEM and Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Bus Manufacturer and aftermarket business as well as managing the production, Field Engineering, and purchasing groups within the finance department. Management tasks include planning and managing the use of internal resources to meet agreed-to deadlines, working with the management team to ensure that day to day business needs and challenges are addressed, and provide training and development plans for staff including mentoring where applicable. Additional responsibilities include establishing processes and procedures for purchasing, inventory management, OEM, and Field Engineering to support Avail’s business needs, supporting teams in negotiating contracts, pricing and purchasing agreements, and building new relationships while continuing to strengthen existing relationships with OEM bus manufacturers, vendors, and suppliers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, if you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment by accessing the link below.
- Plans and organizes daily activities related to Production, Field Engineering, purchasing, and OEM
- Ensures OEM teams meet customer deadlines for quotes and deliveries per quality standards
- Establishes, enforces, and improves Avail’s purchasing and inventory processes
- Ensures that each group establishes, utilizes, and maintains standard parts and material control across the organization
- Develop and maintain a detailed financial and resource plan for the group to meet customer and organizational goals which improves efficiency and profitability of Avails business
- Ensure purchasing, supplier, and vendor contracts are mutually beneficial, current, and periodically reviewed
- Ensure OEM, purchasing and Field Engineering establishes, maintains, and utilizes, standards for parts and components
- To increase Avail’s profitability on revenue related to associated responsibilities
- Performs any other related duties as required
- Proven ability to lead organizational change
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to learn quickly and work independently. Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and good collaboration skills
- Ability to travel as necessary working directly with the customer and stakeholders, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude as the primary liaison of Avail Technologies
- Ability to lead discussions concerning all elements of an Avail system. Proficiency with all technology areas preferred but must be able to understand the potential issues in the various areas and provide meaningful input
- Willing to make the tough decisions when necessary and to defend those decisions when required
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills including people management and team empowerment
- Excellent organizational skills, time-management, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Experience using computerized ERP systems for planning and resource management desired
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of related work experience
- Proven ability to manage teams
- Prior experience in purchasing, Field Service or transit is desirable
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Ability to travel as necessary is required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer