Information Technology Specialist
Support and assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the company IT infrastructure, inclusive of server, workstations, and device communications including wired and wireless data. Provide 1st maintenance and support of company IT resources including setup and end-of-life disposition.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment by accessing the link below:
and email your cover letter and resume to HR@availtec.com
- 1st line support for all in-house IT hardware/software troubleshooting
- Monitor, Triage, and perform mitigation of malware and virus infection
- Support the timely installation of Windows updates to end user laptops and production servers
- Assist in maintaining the corporate Office 365 and Dynamics 365 environments
- Support the maintenance of internal virtual machine production and test environments
- Perform basic network configurations on managed switches and firewalls
- Maintain the scalable computing platform for company business, engineering, production, and support needs
- Comply with Avail’s IT processes to support the needs of the company, including system backup, recovery, and disaster planning
- Setup, Install, and support computing needs for all assigned company requirements.
- Train users on the proper use of Avail IT infrastructure
- Support Avail’s information technology infrastructure after hours as needed
- Help to develop and maintain policies and procedures for the onboarding, role change, and deprecation of domain users
- Configure and deploy MDM solution (Microsoft Intune) to manage Avail’s end users’ equipment
- Aid in the administration of Avail’s phone system
- Maintain and develop Avail’s Sharepoint and MS Dynamics 365 environment, including supporting customers’ external access
- Maintain Avail’s backup and disaster recovery process
- Oversee IT’s physical inventory and its organization, storage, and disbursement
- Partner with all internal teams on ongoing company-wide initiatives
- VM Ware, MS Server, Windows OS, iOS, Android, Sophos, Cisco Network, and related experience
- Server, Workstation, Laptop, and network equipment maintenance and configuration
- Windows PowerShell & Office 365 administration
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP or similar software implementation experience is preferred.
- Verbal and Written Communication
- MS Office Suite of products
- Basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related filed up to 2 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40-50 pounds and have the ability to work in server rooms and racks.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel requirements are minimal.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.