Field System Engineer
The Field System Engineer (FSE) offers an exciting opportunity through innovation and problem-solving in a diverse range of disciplines including software, hardware, electrical, networking, troubleshooting, design, and installation. The position will provide technical expertise for projects consisting of hardware and software elements, including in-vehicle equipment used in transit vehicles. Activities and responsibilities include concept development, system requirements evaluation, systems analysis, architecture development, system design, product evaluations, system implementation planning, and system operations and troubleshooting. Experience with deploying or working with new technologies is a plus. This position requires a strong aptitude and understanding of electronics, networking, technology system, schematics, and interconnectivity of electronic modules.
This position works independently and as part of a project team and requires travel, primarily throughout Pennsylvania.
If you would like to apply for the Field System Engineer position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Work directly with cross-functional engineering teams to support on-premise servers, back-end systems, and networking
- Perform lab bench test of vehicle configuration and integration to ensure operability before deploying to the field
- Provides leadership, direction, coordination, and oversite for all aspects of onsite installation, testing, and modification of systems and sub-systems.
- Creates and manages project-based installation procedures and processes, acceptance test procedures, and quality reports. Provide clear and accurate documentation to be used by the installation team, project team, and customer
- Determine the proper designs of in-vehicle ITS hardware, interconnection of devices, harnesses, and cabling to ensure proper layout, routing, and compatibility of in-vehicles systems with back-end systems. Work with the customer to achieve agreement and signoff of equipment placement
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance to achieve issue resolution and a high level of system operability and uptime
- Support the specification and derivation of project requirements
- Support program management in a technical role
- Prepare system test plans and procedures and oversee conducting of test phases
- Monitor system performance to ensure the proper operation of deployed systems
- Ensure compliance to Avail processes
- Leads onsite surveys to create a Bill of Materials (BOM) and overall, in-vehicle design outlining all the equipment, hardware and cabling required to satisfy project deliverables
- Performs maintenance training with customer staff to ensure proper use and maintenance of the technology
- Act as point of contact and subject matter expert to troubleshoot and resolve electrical and mechanical issues on installations of Avail’s equipment and provides information and guidance to install team and customer
- Superior customer relation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Uses methodical approach to solve challenging technical issues
- High-level knowledge and understanding of how to utilize APIs for system integration
- Experience with setup of advanced wired and wireless TCP/IP architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to oversee and direct others, including the willingness to impose corrective actions as required
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use electronic hand tools such as multimeters, soldering irons, crimp tools other associated hand tools
- Ability to read and understand electronic circuit schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with computers with advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Ability to troubleshoot systematic electrical, mechanical, and networking issues
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in a technical field
- Or, an Associate’s Degree with specialization in a technical field with 6 or more years of experience in a Field Engineering/Systems Engineering capacity or similar in a field related to responsibilities and skills listed above
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: This position will be required to travel at least 50% or more of their time
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer