Field Engineer I
Field Engineer I offers an exciting opportunity through innovation and problem-solving in a diverse range of disciplines including electrical, networking, troubleshooting, and installation. The position requires a strong aptitude and understanding of electronics, networking, technology system, schematics, and interconnectivity of electronic modules. The Field Engineer I determines material requirements for in-vehicle system, troubleshoots of Avail systems, oversees site installers to ensure process and quality are being adhered to, and acts as an advocate to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Avail’s target market is public transit agencies that offer bus services to the communities they serve. The overall technology solutions provided by Avail include Intelligent Transportation Systems, Fare Collection, Real-Time Passenger Information, APC, Onboard Announcements, Video Surveillance, CAD/AVL, Vehicle Maintenance, Payroll, Work Orders, General Ledger, Finance, and Scheduling. Avail’s in-vehicles systems include, but not limited to, computers, modems, routers, signs, display terminals, harnesses, cables, brackets, and passenger counters.
If you would like to apply for the Field Engineer I position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Leads onsite surveys to create a Bill of Materials (BOM) and overall in-vehicle design outlining all the equipment, hardware, and cabling required to satisfy project deliverables
- Determine the proper designs of in-vehicle ITS hardware, interconnection of devices, harnesses, and cabling to ensure proper layout, routing, and compatibility of in-vehicles systems with back-end systems
- Work directly with cross-functional engineering teams to support back-end systems and networking
- Provides leadership, direction, coordination, and oversite for all aspects of onsite installation and testing
- Act as point of contact to troubleshoot and resolve electrical and mechanical issues on installations of Avail’s equipment and provides information and guidance to install team and customer
- Provide clear and accurate documentation to be used by installation team, project team, and customer
- Partner with customers to provide exceptional service while collecting information to influence product development and opportunities based on customer feedback
- Perform periodic quality checks to ensure quality standards are achieved
- Knowledge of J1939, CAN, multiplexing network systems preferred
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance to achieve issue resolution and a high level of system operability and uptime
- Experience with electronic testing equipment (multimeters, network testers, etc.)
- Superior customer relation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to works individually or as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to oversee and direct others, including the willingness to impose corrective actions as required
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use electronic hand tools such as multi-meters, soldering irons, crimp tools other associated hand tools
- Ability to read and understand electronic circuit schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with computers with advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to troubleshoot systematic electrical, mechanical, and networking issues
- Associates Degree with specialization in electronics or High School Diploma with 2-3 years of experience assembling circuits boards, cables, hand soldering, and understanding of quality assurance procedures
- Or, 5 or more years of experience as a field service technician or similar in a field related to responsibilities and skills listed above
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Field engineers will be required to travel at least 50%.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer