Director of Finance
Provide the leadership and guidance for meeting the Strategic business plan by ensuring the integrity of the financial records and their accurate and timely reporting. The Director of Finance emphasizes planning, forecasting, adherence to plans, accountability and adjusting with accounting staff in order to achieve strategic and annual business goals. The Director of Finance reports to the Chief Financial Officer and assists and advises Managers and Executives about accounting and financial issues. This is an advanced level position within the Finance and Operations Group with supervisory responsibility.
- Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the financial records
- Manage the monthly close process, delivering on-time and accurate monthly accounting deliverables
- Manage and drive account reconciliation process
- Working knowledge of Revenue Recognition (ASC606) is a huge plus
- Manage the annual financial audit and annual budget process and establish the annual accounting group overhead budget.
- Manage and work with CPA firm on the corporate tax compliance requirements of the organization. Ensure staff meet monthly and quarterly sales tax compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of ESOP a plus but not required
- Assist with the quarterly Board of Directors package and any related follow-up questions
- Support the CFO in contracts review, whether project subcontracts, RFP requirements, office, and equipment lease or other needed third-party contractual agreements
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of business operations including cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure trends, customer support contract renewals, financial commitments, and future revenues
- Oversee monthly payroll process and manage outside Payroll provider regarding all required compliance
- Ensure compliance with company internal control policies and procedures
- Take an active role in the Avail Directors and Managers meetings to serve as Finance’s champion ensuring that their needs and interests are getting the company support that they require
- Ensure that Avail’s accounting processes and procedures are adhering to regular audits including continued refinement of those process documents to assure effective and efficient operations of the group
- Provide data for the updating of cost accounting Labor and Overhead rates
- Work with Purchasing and Warehouse to ensure accurate Inventory control
- Advanced understanding and application of General Accounting Principles using automated record-keeping tools such as Quickbooks, Microsoft Dynamics or similar software
- Assist in the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics and ensure continued optimum use of the software.
- Self-reliant individual with the desire to work as a team player who has strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and the desire to solve challenging issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and qualitative competencies, with much emphasis on data management (i.e. familiarity using query tools, ODBC, etc.)
- Strong, demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and a strong aptitude to learn other software applications.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Continually looking for ways to improve processes
- Creative thinker for various solutions to a financial challenge or new process
- Ability to mentor, lead, manage, and motivate staff of three handling A\R, A\P, Payroll, General Ledger and other responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 8-10 years of progressive financial and accounting experience
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- CPA, MBA preferred but not required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.