Customer Support Engineer
Avail Technologies is seeking a unique individual that not only has the technical skills to resolve transit-related daily operational issues but more importantly the ability to communicate to our customers to meet a high level of customer satisfaction.
The candidate will be responsible for handling the resolution of support issues including first-level contact assessment, problem identification and resolution, and communications with the customer. These include prioritizing, documenting, resolution, and follow-up on customer support requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic equipment and/or computer-aided support tools, as well as collaboration with the other team members and departments and/or research initiatives. Effective communication skills include understanding the customer’s perspective and the impact of the situation, consistent dialogue throughout the process of resolving the issue, and the follow-up to ensure the customer understands the resolution, their expectations are met, and they are satisfied with the outcome.
Qualified individuals are self-motivated and must gain an understanding of our products and customers with minimal guidance. They must be able to independently research system requirements and operations and they must be able to communicate effectively with other groups as needed to fulfill responsibilities. Good communication skills are needed.
Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
Qualified candidates will be required to deliver creative (re)solutions and provide detailed feedback to other departments and management within the company.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment:
- Higher-Level Role for resolving, relaying, communicating, and owning the responsibility for an issue or customer
- Take incoming support request via phone, email, or ticketing system
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, escalate, and respond to product support requests
- Communicate software problems and issues to Senior Support Engineer staff
- Report customer satisfaction issues to management
- Keep customer informed of issues that impact service or may result in dissatisfaction.
- Clearly document the processes and solutions to customer support issues.
- Monitor open support cases and resolve within company standard Service Level Agreement
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new myAvail development.
- Participate in the daily and weekly meetings with fellow support team
- Deliver creative solutions for support issues
- Ability to communicate highly effectively with co-workers, vendors, and other technical groups to enhance products and resolve customer issues.
- Technical troubleshooting skills as they relate to installed hardware, computer, and software
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge Local Area Networks (LAN’s) including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s), and Wireless infrastructure such as 802.11 “x”
- Working knowledge of Databases and Queries (i.e.: T-SQL)
- Ability to use common computer applications (i.e. Word and Excel)
- Be proactive and use independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
- Strong communications skills; oral, written, and phone
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and mentor team members
- Ability to learn quickly & work independently
- Bachelor of Science in Information Services Technology or a related field or Associate Degree plus 2 years related work experience
- 5 years of experience in support call center processes preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: At least 10% travel may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer