Customer Service Engineer I
Customer Support Engineer I will be responsible for handling the resolution of support issues including first-level contact assessment, problem identification and resolution, and communications with the customer. These include prioritizing, documenting, resolution, and follow-up on customer support requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic equipment and/or computer-aided support tools, as well as collaboration with the other team members and departments and/or research initiatives. Effective communication skills include understanding the customer’s perspective and the impact of the situation, consistent dialogue throughout the process of resolving the issue, and the follow-up to ensure the customer understands the resolution, their expectations are met, and they are satisfied with the outcome.
Candidates must be self-motivated and gain an understanding of our products and customers with minimal guidance. They must be able to independently research system requirements and operations and they must be able to communicate effectively with other groups as needed to fulfill responsibilities. In this position, candidates are expected to possess high level of problem-solving skills with an ability to think on their feet, and communicate effectively with co-workers, other groups, and vendors while resolving customer issues. Additional duties include delivering support to multiple customers and other stakeholders by providing creative (re) solutions and detailed feedback to other departments.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment by accessing the link below:
and email your cover letter and resume to HR@availtec.com
- Basic knowledge for resolving, relaying, communicating, and owning the responsibility for an issue or customer
- Take incoming support request via phone, email, or ticketing system
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, escalate, and respond to product support requests
- Communicate software problems and issues to Senior Support Engineer staff
- Report customer satisfaction issues to management
- Keep customer informed of issues that impact service or may result in dissatisfaction.
- Clearly document the processes and solutions to customer support issues.
- Monitor open support cases and resolve within company standard Service Level Agreement
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new myAvail development
- Participate in the daily and weekly meetings with fellow support team
- Deliver basic solutions for support issues
- Technical troubleshooting skills as they relate to installed hardware, computer, and software
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, software, and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge Local Area Networks (LAN’s) including firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s), and Wireless infrastructure such as 802.11 “x”
- Working knowledge of Databases and Queries (i.e.: T-SQL)
- Ability to use common computer applications (i.e. Word and Excel)
- Be proactive and use independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
- Strong communications skills; oral, written, and phone
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and mentor team members
- Ability to learn quickly & work independently
- Bachelor of Science in Information Services Technology or a related field or Associate Degree plus 2 years related work experience
- 5 years of experience in support call center processes preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel up to 10% will be required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.