CAD Drawing Specialist/Document Control Specialist
Field Engineering offers a challenging opportunity for the right individual to excel through Innovation and problem-solving in a diverse range of disciplines including; Mechanical CAD, Electrical CAD, Document Control, ECO Database Management, CAD Vault Control and Management, and Personal Time Management. This position requires a strong mechanical aptitude, strong document control and organizational background with a strong knowledge of ECO (Engineering Change Order) and management of that database. This position requires a strong knowledge of AutoCAD Drawing Tools and an understanding of Inventor is a plus.
The CAD Drawing Specialist/Document and ECO Control Specialist will produce drawings and Bill of Materials to support all requirements at Avail Technologies. This is to support the fabrication and installation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) components, including Mobile Data Terminals, Automated Annunciation Systems, Automated Passenger Counters, and other various systems and documents required to support customer installation.
Support and maintain AutoCAD Vault to control all Avail Documentation and Avail ECO Data as these systems are established. Work with Field Engineering and the Programs Group, and all other groups at Avail to create and maintain a solid and repeatable documentation scheme. These duties will include documenting product specifications, illustrating systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes, or verbal instructions. Ensure that the quality and documentation standards are achieved and followed, and all customer delivery deadlines are met, to the best of your abilities. Work with the Programs and Engineering groups to establish and maintain a Document Control System that promotes good repeatable standards and methods. Occasional travel to customer sites throughout the US to support Field Engineering Activities may be required.
- Assist in creation of documentation detailing proper installation and placement of interconnect devices and routing of cable assemblies for ITS components in public transit buses, transit centers, and bus shelters.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of CAD drawings, schematic drawings, and Excel Based Bills of Materials to support all project efforts
- Work directly with all Avail Engineering and Programs group members, and third-party suppliers to produce drawings and Bill of Materials from sketches or existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions
- Work as a control to establish CAD as the main storage medium at Avail Technologies, aid in converting all existing drawings to CAD formats as needed from various existing formats to promote commonality.
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free, to the best of your abilities
- Utilize drafting resources to create and maintain new tools and methodologies to most efficiently carry out all tasks as requested. This will include hardware and software design as required to support documentation
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, or any other inputs, as needed, to support documentation
- Work with all groups within Avail to establish and maintain documentation standards, ECO and document change procedures, or any other needed tools to continue to support and promote continuous improvement within Avail Technologies
- Perform any additional duties as requested or required and agree upon
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Documentation suite, including AutoCAD Vault
- Understanding of document control standards and drawing standards
- Drafting and design skills with metal fabrication, electronic components, electro-mechanical components, or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills, including AutoCAD, Windows, Word and Excel, Internet
- Proficient with 2-dimensional AutoCAD design and drafting (3D CAD experience a plus)
- Ability to read and understand electronic circuit schematics and mechanical drawings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, high attention to detail and results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, Teamwork skills
- High School Diploma with 5 or more years of experience as a CAD drafting specialist or in a similar field related to the responsibilities listed above
- Associates Degree in drafting design or equivalent experience required. 5 plus years of drafting/CAD experience is preferred
- 5 Years od Document Control/Document Vault and Document Change Management is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor and AutoCAD Vault is a plus
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.