CAD Drawing and Drafting Specialist
The CAD Drawing and Drafting Specialist will produce designs, drawings, charts, and records using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software. The position uses AutoCAD software to convert bill of materials, feedback from site surveys, and designs into technical drawings and plans. These drawings will be utilized to support the manufacturing and installation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) components including, Mobile Data Terminals, Automated Annunciation Systems, Automated Passenger Counters, and other various other systems and documents required to support technology deployments.
The position will also be responsible to support and maintain documentation and ECO (Engineering Change Order) within AutoCAD Vault. These duties will include documenting product specifications, illustrating systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, and prototypes.
The CAD Drawing and Drafting Specialist works closely with cross-function teams to ensure quality and documentation standards are achieved and followed, and all customer delivery deadlines are met. Occasional travel to customer sites throughout the US to support Field Engineering Activities may be required.
If you would like to apply for the CAD Drawing & Drafting Specialist position, please access the link below and complete the short assessment:
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of CAD Drawings
- Creates documentation detailing proper installation and placement of interconnect devices and routing of cable assemblies for ITS components in public transit buses, transit centers, and bus shelters
- Work directly with all Avail engineering and programs teams and third-party suppliers to produce drawings and Bills of Materials from sketches or existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions
- Coverts existing drawings to CAD formats as needed from various existing formats to promote commonality
- Utilize drafting resources to create and maintain new tools and methodologies to carry out all tasks most efficiently as requested. This will include hardware and software design as required to support documentation
- Work with all groups within Avail to establish and maintain Documentation Standards, ECO and document change procedures, or any other needed tools to continue to support and promote continuous improvement within Avail Technologies
- Perform any additional duties as requested or required and agree upon
- Proficient with 2-dimensional AutoCAD design and drafting (3D CAD experience a plus)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Documentation suite, including AutoCAD Vault
- Drafting and design skills with electronic components, electro-mechanical components, or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand electronic circuit schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience in Engineering Change Order management
- Understanding of document control standards and drawing standards
- Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills, high attention to detail and results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, Teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Drafting Design or similar field plus (1) year of drafting/CAD experience
- Associates Degree in Drafting Design or similar field related plus (3) years of drafting/CAD experience is preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is required
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard
- Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required up to 15%
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer