Assembly Technician II
The Assembly Technician II works within Avails Production department. The Production department is responsible for assembling, testing, and kitting all hardware prior to being deployed to our customers. This position requires the ability to piece together parts in a logical order with limited instructions; advanced solder skills including building and solder cables to IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard; Advanced knowledge of hand and assembly tools; Advanced experience in the assemble of PCB with both leaded and surface mount components to IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard; Hand work both Proto-Type and Production Assemblies
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the short assessment by accessing the link below:
- Assemble of electrical system cables
- Component soldering on printed Circuit Boards
- Using hand tools and following CAD documentation create and test sub-assemblies
- Troubleshooting, testing, and repair of electronic equipment
- Using a bill of material (BOM) create vehicle-specific kits to be delivered in support of onsite installations
- Upload software onto hardware before being delivered to the field. Perform quality checks during testing to ensure hardware is being delivered to the field ready for installs
- Support shipping/receiving to manage receiving of goods and deliveries of equipment to customer sites
- Be a resource for fellow Production staff to ensure quality and consistency in work to meet schedule
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Complete tasks in allotted hours and per schedule at a high level of quality
- Contribute to Improving and define group processes aimed at improving workflow and quality of finished products within Production
- Support the team to define accurate performance standards for the assembly and testing and kitting of equipment.
- Ability to piece together parts in a logical order with limited instruction
- Read and Comprehend Wiring Diagram, assembly drawings and PCB Schematics
- Advanced solder skills, able to build and solder cables to IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard
- Advanced knowledge of hand and specialty assembly tools
- Advanced experience in the assemble of PCB with both leaded and surface mount components to PIC/WHMA-A-620 Standard
- Hand work both Proto-Type and Production Assemblies
- Basic Computer Skills using Microsoft office
- Ability to lead and direct tasks of other team members
- High School Diploma and Technical Certification with 5+ years of experience using skills listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear/listen.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard.
- Candidates will be regularly required to lift boxes up to 60 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of standing and performing repetitive tasks
- Must have manual dexterity to assemble products or machines as directed
- Must have good hand-eye coordination
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel: Occasional travel of less than 10% may be required.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer